The Great Lakes Towing Company is seeking a Shop/Field Mechanic for its machine shop division, Plotz Machine. The Shop/Field Mechanic uses specialized equipment to assemble, dismantle, service, and repair industrial and municipal water pumps, gearboxes, motors, and other related equipment.
- Dismantles industrial and municipal water pumps, gearboxes, and other related equipment.
- Performs inspections on tools and mechanical equipment
- Provides maintenance and repair on equipment
- Complete assembly of equipment in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Troubleshoots problems with machinery and performing routine preventative maintenance
- Responsible for local field service and repair of water pumps and motors
- Responsible for laser alignment of pumps, motors, and gearboxes
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Must have prior experience servicing water pumps, gearboxes, motors, and other related equipment.
- Must have prior experience working with grinder sand drill presses
- Must be able to read blueprints and reverse engineer parts
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Must have a good driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent; advanced education or vocational training a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided by the Company appropriate to job duties
- Be fit for a respirator
- Carry up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive bending, twisting, kneeling, and reaching
- Exposure to loud noises
- Work overtime and weekends as needed to meet production demands
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time and company paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application online or print and email or mail in by visiting our Careers page.